Last Updated on December 8, 2020 by Ian McEwan
Filming with iPhone shrinks the gap between the idea and the execution of the idea. Many creative filmmakers or Vloggers can try out more ideas easier by this means. While the iPhone is an extremely excellent filming device, it’s going to be tricky to transfer video from iPhone to PC for editing. However, there are plenty of options available for everyday users who want to transfer data from their iPhone to their personal computer. We’ve listed out the 6 best methods about how to transfer video from iPhone to Computer (Win/Mac/Chrome).
Method 1. Transfer videos and photos from iPhone To Pc without iTunes (Win and Mac User)
One of the most convenient ways to transfer large files, like video, from iPhone to computer is by using the proprietary iPhone Transfer application for windows or mac.
It is a one-stop solution to transfer files (including Photos, Contacts, Music, Messages, Videos, Playlist and more) from any external device into the computer.
Not only can you use the iPhone Transfer application on all iPhone devices, but the application is also compatible with all the different versions of iOS still available on the market. It’s simple, fast, and extremely secure.
Here’s how you transfer videos from iPhone to computer using iPhone Transfer:
– Download and install iPhone Transfer on your PC.
– Run the application and select the “Transfer” module from the main screen.
– Once you connect your iPhone to the PC, both your PC and iPhone Transfer will automatically detect the device.
– You’ll be provided with a lot of options on the application.
– Select “Videos” from the top navigation bar to view all the videos on your phone.
– You can pick and choose which videos (Movies/Music Videos/Home Videos/TV Shows/iTunes U/ Podcast) you want to transfer and the folder in which you want to transfer them to with the “Export” button located between the main menus on the top and file listed below.
Aside from file transfer, you can also use iPhone Transfer to Search, Add, View, Play, Delete, DeDuplicate and Edit iPhone/iPad/iPod, also Android and SD card data on your PC with a simple interface.
Method 2. Transfer iPhone Videos to PC using Windows Autoplay (Only for Win User)
Windows has a built-in autoplay feature that usually differs from one version to the next. The core functionality of the function, however, remains the same.
Basically, the autoplay feature detects any device connected to the computer via USB and provides you with various options on what you want to do with the device.
Below are the detailed steps to transfer your iPhone videos to your pc using the autoplay feature in windows.
– Update iTunes to the latest version on your Windows PC
– Unlock your iOS device with your passcode and connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable. Tap “Trust This Computer” if it prompts on your iPhone screen.
If you forget your iPhone passcode, you can use an iPhone LockWiper to remove the screen lock.
– The windows computer will automatically detect the device and provide you with options on next steps.
– You’ll have an “open device to view files” or “import pictures and videos” option. Pick the latter one.
– Once you select the option, windows will automatically start the transfer process. You could customize the process and pick which folder and subfolder you would like the videos to be transferred in.
People Also Read:
Method 3. Use Photos App to Transfer iPhone Videos to Mac without using iCloud Photos (Only for Mac User)
Like the Windows Photos App, Photos App on your Mac is also a good helper for Mac user to import video or photos from your iPhone/ iPad/iPod touch to your Mac.
Here’s how to import iPhone videos to Mac:
– Upgrade your iTunes to the latest version.
– Unlock your iPhone and connect it to Mac with a USB cable.
– Tap “Trust This Computer” if it prompts on the iPhone screen.
– Run the Photos App on your Mac and click your device’s name in the Photos sidebar.
– Pick those iPhone videos you want to transfer and click “Import Selected”, or click “Import All New Items” to transfer your media file at one stroke. And you can find the iPhone videos in the Photos app’s Import album.
Method 4. Use Dropbox to Transfer Videos from Your iPhone To Your Computer without iCloud (Win and Mac User)
If for some reason you are unable to connect your phone to the computer via a cable, or your PC does not detect your iPhone, you will not be able to use the methods listed above. In this scenario, you’ll have to rely on transferring the data using OTA (over the air methods).
This can be accomplished by using a service like Dropbox. It provides 2 GB free storage and enables you to access files across multiple devices.
You’ll need to have the Dropbox app installed on your phone and have a Dropbox account for this to actually work.
Here are the steps necessary to move videos from your iPhone to your computer.
– Download and install Dropbox on your iPhone.
– Run the application on your phone click the ‘+ – Upload’ icon.
– Select the videos you want to be transferred to your computer.
– To transfer the videos to your computer download the Dropbox app or visit the Dropbox website on your computer.
– Select the folder with your iPhone videos and copy that to your computer.
Method 5. How to Transfer videos from iPhone to Computer using iCloud (Only for Win User)
Apple has its own application that can help you transfer videos from the iPhone to the computer. You can either use the iCloud website to transfer the video but we highly recommend using iCloud Photos available for your desktop.
Here’s how you transfer video from iPhone to computer using the iCloud Photos.
– Go to “Settings” on your phone and switch “iCloud Photos” on.
– Once on, the phone will automatically start syncing your media files including your photos and videos to iCloud as long as you have enough storage space in your iCloud account.
FYI, you get 5GB free storage automatically when you sign up your iCloud account.
– Download the iCloud for Windows and Set it up on your computer:
a. Log in iCloud for Windows with your Apple ID and password
b. Click the “Options” button next to the “Photos” and check “iCloud Photo Library”, click “Done” and “Apply”.
– Press “Windows key + E” on your keyboard to open a File Explorer window.
– Go to “iCloud Photos” and click “Download photos and videos”
– And finally, select the videos that you would like to transfer to your computer and click “Download”.
Method 6. How to Transfer videos from iPhone to Samsung Chromebook using Google Drive
To transfer iPhone video to a Chromebook is simple. Unlike Android user, who can use the MTP file transfer supported by Chrome OS, iPhone user can only transfer their phone video to Chromebook wirelessly.
Google Drive, a safe tool to transfer, backup and restore all your file, can help you import videos from iPhone to Chromebook easily.
Here come the steps:
– Install Google Drive on your iPhone and log in with your Google account.
– Go to the Photos App on your iPhone and find those videos you want to transfer to your Chromebook.
– Tap the share button, you can select multiple videos by swiping left and right here, then tap the “Drive” icon below and “Upload”
– You can access all the iPhone video on your Chromebook through the Files app once the upload process completes.
There are several other options you can use to transfer video from iPhone to PC but the ones mentioned above are the most convenient and easy to use. We personally prefer using iPhone Transfer app to transfer the files from various devices as the application is compatible with most phone and is available for both PC and Mac.