5 Insanely Quick Ways to Transfer Pictures from iPhone to laptop (Dell, HP, Asus, MacBook, Chromebook, Acer, or LG)
Summary: When you want to transfer pictures from your iPhone to a laptop, you got a lot of choices. From the official iTunes to the latest advanced iPhone Transfer, in this article, we will introduce 5 tools for you. Pick the most helpful one according to the system of your laptop (Win/Mac/Chromebook).
Last Updated on February 22, 2021 by Jack Robertson
It is evident that photos are a crucial part of life. They offer you the ability to preserve and revisit your lovely and important moments of real life. The advent of digital photos is the most iconic era in the history of images. With the power of digital technologies, it is now possible to keep more photos on electronic devices.
However, if you’re a huge camera bug who takes and saves thousands of photos on an iPhone, you may find that your iPhone is out of memory now and then.
Also, by the time that you want to edit the photos via the iPhone. Those image editor apps can only do some simple editing effects. In pursuit of ultimate optimization, software like Photoshop is what you need.
To solve these issues, you may try to transfer iPhone photos to a computer, at least a laptop computer. In this case, you’re available to save the photos on the laptop and edit them with PhotoShop through the laptop.
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to the laptop (Win/Mac/Chromebook)
It has become a common phenomenon for users to search for all the possible alternatives aimed at solving their picture transfer puzzles. Therefore, this article presents you with the most reliable and viable ways to solve the puzzle.
5 Ways to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Laptop
Method 1: How to Transfer Photos From iPhone To Laptop (Win/Mac) With iTunes
It is possible for you to transfer your pictures from an iPhone to any Windows/Mac laptop using iTunes. As an official file manager, iTunes can handle the basic transferring job.
Steps to follow:
- Download, install and run the latest version of iTunes on your laptop.
- Unlock your iPhone and connect it to the laptop via USB cable.
- Tap “Accept” on your iPhone screen when the “Trust this computer” notification pops up.
- On the left side of the iTunes panel, click on the thumbnail iPhone icon and locate Summary.
- Tick the “This Computer” option and click “Back Up Now” to begin the backup process.
Cautions: iTunes seems not to be the best way to download pics from iPhone to a laptop:
- You cannot transfer photos separately from iPhone to a laptop with iTunes.
- You’re not allowed to preview, edit, and move the pictures inside the backup file without third-party iTunes backup extraction software.
- Only support Camera Roll photos. Others like Photo Stream, Photo Library, photos synced from iTunes or computer, iCloud sharing photos cannot be transferred from iPhone to Laptop in this method.
Method 2: Transfer Photos From iPhone To Laptop (Win/Mac) With iPhone Transfer
Seeing as there are so many inconveniences with iTunes, a practical application like echoshare iPhone Transfer seems to be a good choice.
This third-party software is an all-in-one file transfer tool that can save your time insanely during the process of picture transfer from your iPhone to a laptop.
Why choose iPhone transfer:
- Photo transfer: All photos on your iPhone can be migrated to your laptop in 1 click.
- Multimedia transfer: Import files from an iPhone to a laptop computer and vice versa.
- Supported data types: Aside from photos, you can also transfer contacts, music, messages, videos, playlist, and more from iPhone to a laptop.
- File management on iPhone: You can Search, Add, View, Play, Delete, DeDuplicate, and Edit iPhone data via a laptop screen.
Found it pretty attractive? Download the software on your laptop and start the photo transfer.
Follow these to transfer photos from iPhone to laptop with echoshare iPhone Transfer.
Step 1 Connect your iPhone to iPhone Transfer
On your laptop, launch iPhone Transfer and use a USB cable to connect your iPhone to the laptop.
Step 2Transfer photos in one click
Transfer all iPhone photos to laptop:
You can start the photo transfer right away. Just hit the One Click to Export Photos to PC button on the interface. iPhone Transfer will work to transfer photos from your iPhone to the laptop computer immediately.
Selective transfer photos from iPhone to laptop:
To transfer some or one photo from your iPhone to the laptop, click Photos underneath the Manage Your iOS Device sign.
Then, iPhone Transfer will display all the iPhone photos on the right panel.
Locate and check the target photo(s). Hit Export. Browse and select a destination on your laptop hard drive to save the photo(s). Click OK to start the transfer.
Tip1: Output Format for Live Photos on iPhone
If you have some live photos on your iPhone and plan to transfer them to your laptop, you may worry if these live photos will become still photos on your laptop.
To eliminate your worries, click the Export Settings button and choose to output as MOV videos.
Also, you’re available to decide the format for regular photos.
- JPG: As the most compatible image format, you can preview, edit, and transfer the photos through common tools.
- HEIC: Short for High-Efficiency Image Container, photos in this format require a special HEIC editor to preview and edit a HEIC image file. But a JPG image file is always twice the size of an equivalent quality HEIC file.
Method 3: How to transfer photos from iPhone to Chromebook using Google Drive
For Chromebook User:
Chromebooks are eligible for a “100GB of Free Google Drive Space for two years” offer. That means you can easily transfer massive photos from iPhone to Chromebook with the help of Google Drive within the 1-year period since the redemption date.
Here are the steps to follow:
Step 1 Redeem the 1-year offer
Before using it, you have to get the two-year offer
Open Chrome on your laptop and visit google.com/chromebook/offers/. Scroll down and click “Get Perk” in the Google One Module. Then, follow the instruction on the website to get the 12-month free usage of Google Drive on your Chromebook.
Step 2 Upload the pictures from iPhone to Google Drive
Next, take out your iPhone and download Google Drive from App Store. Log in with your Google Account.
Tap the Add icon on the left-bottom and “Upload”. Select and upload the photos from your iPhone to Google Drive.
Step 3 Download the Picture to your Chromebook Laptop
Go to drive.google.com on your Chromebook. Click “My Drive” and select the target pictures. Right-click and click “Download”.
Method 4: How to Download Photos From iPhone To Laptop via File Explorer (Windows 7/8/10)
For Windows 7/8/10 User:
Connect your iPhone to your Windows laptop via a compatible USB cable. Then, open This PC and locate Apple iPhone on the right panel.
Open the Apple iPhone folder and then open Internal Storage > DCIM > 100APPLE. Choose the target photos and drag them to your laptop hard drive.
Note: File Explorer will only display Camera Roll photos on your iPhone. So you’re only available to transfer camera-shotting photos from your iPhone to this laptop.
Method 5: Use Photo App to Transfer Photos From iPhone To Laptop (Mac)
For Mac User:
You can transfer your photos from an iPhone to a Macbook using the Photos app when you have signed in the same Apple ID on both the iPhone and the Macbook.
Steps to follow:
- On the Macbook, sign in to the Apple ID that is already registered on your iPhone.
Tip1: When signing in, you’ll be asked to tap Allow on your iPhone and enter the 6-digit verification code to complete the login. Take out your iPhone and unlock it, follow the on-screen instruction to get the code and finish the sign-in.
- Connect your iPhone to the Macbook via a suitable USB cable.
- Go to Photos on your Mac and check out the iPhone photos there. Select and download the target ones onto your Macbook.
1. How do I transfer files from iPhone to a laptop?
Media files like videos, music, recordings, photos, books on an iPhone can be easily transferred to a laptop via iTunes and echoshare iPhone Transfer.
- Sync your iPhone to iTunes by connecting your iPhone to the laptop.
- Get into the file management interface on iTunes. Tick This PC and hit Back Up Now to start transferring all iPhone data to your laptop.
- Next, use an iTunes backup extractor to get the files you want onto your laptop.
Using iPhone Transfer:
- Connect your iPhone to echoshare iPhone Transfer.
- Hit Manage at the top of the interface.
- Choose the file category from the left panel based on your need, like Photos, Videos, Audios, Books, Contacts, Messages, etc.
- Select the target files and click Export. Choose Export to Computer and select the destination to save the files.
2. How do I transfer photos from iPhone to laptop via Bluetooth?
To transfer photos from iPhone to a laptop via Bluetooth, first of all, you need to make sure the Bluetooth option is turned on for your laptop.
On your laptop, go to Start and click Settings. Open Devices and see if there’s a Bluetooth option. Turn it on.
Note: If can see this option, your laptop doesn’t support Bluetooth. Go to Amazon and search for a Bluetooth adapter for your Windows laptop.
Next, turn on Bluetooth on your iPhone and pair your iPhone to the laptop. Start to transfer photos from your iPhone to the laptop then.
3.How do I AirDrop photos and files from iPhone to Windows?
Unfortunately, you cannot AirDrop anything from your iPhone to a Windows machine.
The AirDrop feature is released by Apple Inc and is only for iOS and macOS devices, like an iPhone, iPad, iPod, iMac, and Macbook. As for Windows desktop and laptop, AirDrop is not supported.
Transferring pictures from an iPhone to a laptop majorly depends on the installed operating system. Some operating systems offer simple and clear step-by-step procedures for importing and exporting pictures among other items.
However, iPhone Transfer covers all the available windows/Mac operating systems and has an easy-to-use interface. With the above procedures, you are now able to conveniently import or export pictures from your iPhone to a laptop with ease.