5 Ways to Transfer Photos from Samsung to Mac
Last Updated on January 13, 2023 by Ian McEwan
Summary: Want to Transfer Photos from Samsung to Mac to make a backup without data loss? You can connect the Samsung via a USB cable to drag and drop. But sometimes you find nothing displayed on the Mac. What should you do about it? In this article, we’ll show you 5 effective methods that will enable you to easily and quickly import photos from Samsung to Mac.
Transfer Photos from Samsung to Mac
Apparently, transferring files from one of your devices to the other sometimes isn’t a walk in the park because different gadgets are endowed with different operating systems.
The incompatible operating systems of the devices possess a challenge when you try to connect them. For instance, you cannot just transfer photos from Samsung to Mac because the Samsung device boasts an android version which is different from Mac.
From that information, you may be wondering on how to import photos from Samsung to mac. Actually, it’s quite simple with the assistance of these essential apps:
5 Methods of Transferring Photos from Samsung to Mac
- Method 1: Transfer Photos from Samsung to Mac with Android Transfer
- Method 2: Transfer Photos from Samsung to Mac by using Samsung Data Backup & Restore
- Method 3: How to Transfer Photos from Samsung to Mac with Switch Mobile Transfer
- Method 4: How to Transfer Photos from Samsung to Mac with Smart Switch
- Method 5: Use Handshaker to Import Photos from Samsung to Mac
Without further ado, let’s look in details how these apps operate.
To begin with, we have Android Transfer. This is a must-have application that each and every Samsung and Mac owner should have on their devices.
This is because it’s easy to use and can perform the photos transferring task efficiently and quickly.
Before we get into details, let’s look at the features that make it the best photos transferring application.
- Transfer Data Between: Mac/Win ⇔ Samsung and other Android Devices, iTunes ⇔ Samsung and other Android Devices, Any Android Devices ⇔ Any Android Devices
- You can easily Search, Add, View, Play, Delete, DeDuplicate and Edit Android Data /SD card file on Computer with Simple Interface.
- Allows management, exportation, and importation of music, photos, contacts, videos, SMS, playlist, and apps on your Samsung Handset.
- It’s fully compatible with Android 8.1.
Steps to transfer photos from Samsung to Mac with Android Transfer.
- Before using the application, you need to download and install the app on your Mac.
- After downloading and installing the program, start it and then click on “Transfer” module, which will be displayed. Then connect your Samsung device using a USB cable to the computer. Ensure you enable the USB debugging on your Samsung device.
- Then a Transfer window will appear whereby you will be required to click on “Transfer device photos to Mac”. With that, all the photos on your Samsung will be transferred.
Lastly, it’s important to note that, in case you would like to choose the photos to transfer, just click on “Photos” tab and select. You see, quite simple, right? What are you waiting for?
Just download it, so that you can enjoy the flash transfer.
Using Samsung Data Backup&Restore to backup photos from Samsung to Mac is another effective workaround.
Aside from Photos on your Samsung, all your Samsung Video, Music, SMS, Contact, App, App data, etc. can be transferred from Samsung phone internal memory/SD card to Mac with a few clicks.
Steps to follow:
- Install and run the official Samsung Data Backup&Restore on your mac, then click the “Android Data Backup & Restore” module.
- Connect your Samsung to Mac via a USB cable and enable USB debugging.
- Click “Device data Backup”, then select “Photos” and “Start” to transfer all Photos on your Samsung to Mac.
Note: You can also select “One-click backup” to transfer all the files, not just photos, from your Samsung internal memory/SD card to Mac.
Switch Mobile Transfer is a 4 in 1 Samsung file transfer tool that helps you Transfer Content from Any Mobile to Any Mobile on Any OS.
And selectively transferring photos from Samsung to the computer is just one of the hidden features of this amazing tool.
Steps to follow:
- Install and run Switch Mobile Transfer on your mac
- Connect your Samsung to Mac via a USB cable.
- Jump to the “Back Up Your Phone” module and select content to backup.
You’re not limited to just transferring data to mac with Switch Mobile Transfer. You can also use this program as a phone to phone transfer or phone eraser when you switch to a new phone or switch cell phone carrier.
Smart Switch is an application developed by the Samsung developers which allow a user to transfer his/her files from one phone to the other.
One of its features is that it has a backup feature that can enable the user to back up the data to a PC or Mac.
However, one of its notable demerit is that it has limited features. For instance, it doesn’t offer a selective transfer of photos option. So, in terms of performance, it lags behind the Android Transfer.
Using it entails:
- Visit the authentic webpage of the smart switch and locate the transfer content from a PC or Mac to your new Galaxy phone’ option. Then, click download for PC or Mac’ so that you can install the application on your computer. (Get Smart Switch for Mac here.)
- Then launch the program and connect your Samsung device using a USB to the mac.
- Finally, click back up’ on the window displayed on the smart switch home page. Your files will be transferred to the mac.
Lastly, we have the HandShaker app that is freely available on the mac play store and uses the backup method of data transfer.
Unlike Android Transfer, it doesn’t provide an automatic backup plan of your data meaning you will have to do it manually. An added drawback of this app is that it can’t restore the backup to your Samsung device.
How to use:
- Download the Handshaker app and install it on your computer. (Get Handshaker for Mac here.)
- After installing, the app interface window will pop up.
- Then, connect your Samsung device using a USB cable to your Mac. After connecting, a message initiated by the Handshaker app will be displayed on your phone with a view option. To continue to click view.
- Your default browser on your Samsung device will open and you will be required to download the Handshaker-official.apk and install it on your phone.
- To reset the connection, unplug and plug in your USB cable from your phone or Mac.
- After plugging in, a prompt will pop up bearing the message whether you would like to use the Handshaker as the default action. Tap OK to proceed.
- Ultimately, all your files will be displayed on the Mac screen. Done!
From the above description, you can pick up the most suitable tool to get through the photo migration.
However, being approved by thousands of users, Android Transfer obviously carries the day with its many advanced features. So Don’t be left out. Just try it out!
- Managing Samsung Data with Samsung Kies
- How to Fix Samsung Cloud Backup Failed
- 4 Methods – How to Back up Music from Android Phone to PC
- [Solved]How to Hard Reset Samsung Phone including Galaxy, Note & C series
- [Sovled]How to Unlock Samsung Phone without Password (2018 Update)
- (New Released)How to Get Photos from a Broken Samsung Galaxy Phone
- How to Transfer photos from Samsung to iPhone XS 2018 Update
- How to Transfer Photos from Samsung to Samsung(Galaxy S9/S9+/ Note9 Included)