How to Transfer Photos from Old iPhone to New iPhone（2021 Update）
Last Updated on December 8, 2020 by Ian McEwan
When you upgrade your iPhone, you’ll need to move all the data to the new device. If you’ve tried to transfer photos from one iPhone to another or to your friend’s iPhone, then you must have wondered if there is an easier way.
To find out how to quickly transfer photos from old iPhone to new iPhone, here are two proven methods.
Method 1: How to Transfer Photos from Old iPhone to New iPhone Using Switch Mobile Transfer
Switch Mobile Transfer is a third party software that allows you to transfer all your pictures from one iPhone to another in one-click. Its simplicity and flexibility make it a preferable choice for most users. Not only is it fast, but it also minimizes chances of losing your pictures.
The software is compatible with dozens of devices including iPhone, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, Nokia and more. Switch Mobile Transfer is efficient regardless of the size of the photos you want to send. It has features that enhance the transfer process, making it the most convenient method.
To transfer images from one iPhone to another with Switch Mobile Transfer:
- Download the Switch Mobile Transfer app on your computer, and install it.
- Launch the Switch Mobile Transfer software and connect both iPhones via the USB cable.
- Click the “Phone to Phone Transfer” option from the Switch Mobile Transfer homepage.
- The software detects your devices and lists them on opposite sides. Click the “Flip” option at the center of the page to switch the source and destination phones.
- After detecting the files on the source iPhone, check the “Photos” box and click “Start Transfer”.
- The transfer process is quick and you can now disconnect the two devices from your PC.
Since you use USB cables to connect the two devices, you can also send any type of files to the new iPhone. Apart from Phone to Phone transfer, Switch Mobile Transfer offers other useful features such as “Erase Your Old Phone”, “Back Up Your Phone”， and “Restore From Backups”.
Method 2: How to Transfer Photos from Old iPhone To New iPhone Using Airdrop
AirDrop from Apple is a wireless service that allows you to send photos, among other items, from one iPhone to another.
For AirDrop to work:
- Set the AirDrop receiving settings to Everyone on the new iPhone.
- The two devices have to be within Wi-Fi range for the wireless service to work.
- You need iPhone 5 or later, an iCloud account, and devices running iOS 7 or later.
Steps To use AirDrop to transfer Photos from old iPhone to new iPhone:
- Turn AirDrop on both iPhones. Depending on your iPhone model, this can be accessed by swiping up or swiping down the screen from the upper right corner of your iPhone to open the “Control Center.”
- Tap on AirDrop > Everyone on both phones.
- Select the images you want to transfer and tap “Share.”
- To select multiple photos, tap on “Choose Photos,” select the photos you want, and tap “Next.”
- To select all the photos, tap on “All.”
- On the phone you want to share photos with, you will be prompted to accept or decline the photo(s).
- Tap Accept and keep the iOS devices connected until all the pictures have been transferred.
- This transfers all the selected images or album to your new iPhone or your friend’s iPhone.
With AirDrop, you can choose who can see your device by going to Settings > General and then, tap on AirDrop.