3 Free Easy Ways to Transfer Photos from Android to PC
Last Updated on December 8, 2020 by Ian McEwan
Don’t you just hate it when you’re in the middle of capturing memorable moments and all of a sudden the Warning “Memory storage full?” pops up on your phone.
Phone memory, both internal and external, can only carry so many photos.
One of the solutions is to move the photos to your PC. Here are three easy ways on how to transfer photos from android to pc. Let’s break these down in detail.
Copy Photos from Android to PC Using USB
Android devices provide a straightforward platform to view and control all your folders. You simply need a USB cable to access any file on your phone.
To move or copy photos:
- Connect your phone to the PC using the USB cable (If your Android cannot be detected by the computer, you should upgrade your Android USB driver.)
- Unlock the phone to access the folders.
- Select “Transfer files” (MTP) by tapping the “Use USB to” notification.
- Choose “Transfer photos (PTP)” option if your phone doesn’t support MTP option.
- On your PC, you’ll see a drive labeled �Phone’. Double-click to access the folders/files.
- To locate images, double-click the “DCIM” folder or pictures folder. (However, not all photos can be located in this way. The file paths of App photos, like Snapseed photos, VSCO photos, or those memes you save from Reddit, 4Chan or 9GAG, are kind of complicated.)
- Now, open the “Camera” folder and select the images you want to transfer to your PC.
TIP: press and hold CTRL key to select multiple photos or CTRL+A to select all the images.
- After selecting the preferred photos, with your cursor on one of the selected pictures, right click and select copy or cut (if you want to completely remove the photos from your phone).
- Create a new folder on your PC or open the folder where you want to place the photos. Right click on an empty space and choose “Paste” or use CTRL+V. Alternatively, you can drag and drop the selected photos to a folder on your PC.
If you want to transfer photos, especially App Photos from Android to PC in a more organized way, you can try the Android Transfer.
Transfer Photos from Android to PC with Android Transfer
Android Transfer is a third party software that makes it easy, not only to transfer photos from your android to pc but also data from android to another android or iOS device. It has a user-friendly interface and is easy to operate.
To use Android Transfer:
- Download and install Android Transfer on your PC and Click “Transfer”.
- Run the software and connect your Android device using a USB cable and follow the intrusion to enable USB debugging.
- Android Transfer will recognize and display your device.
- Click “Transfer Devices Photos to PC” or just “Photos” on the navigation bar.
- Mark the files you want to transfer or copy to your PC. To change the destination for your photos, click the menu button at the top right corner and select browse.
- Click Start Transfer to commence the process. Ensure your phone stays connected until the process is complete.
How to Import Photos from Android to PC with Google Photos
If you want to transfer photos wirelessly and don’t mind feeding the Google AI with tons of personal data or Sensitive photos, you can use the Google Photo app. All you need is a Google account to use this feature. This app automatically syncs photos to the cloud when you’re connected to the internet. It enables you to access them anytime, anywhere.
- Open Google Photos on your PC and sign in to your account.
- Identify the photos you want to transfer or backup and manually download them.
- Delete the copied photos from your phone to free up more space.
If you take tons of photos with your smartphone, storage is bound to fill up sooner or later. It is important to know how to import photos from android to pc. Luckily, it is pretty easy and you never have to worry about losing your precious photos.
#1 Android SMS Backup Tool – 1 Click Backup SMS from Android to PC
How to Back up Video from Android Phone to PC
How to Back up Music from Android Phone to PC