How To Locate A Mobile's Exact Location On the Map From its NumberLast Updated on November 24, 2023 by Angelos Chronis
Have you ever watched one of those spy movies where the bad guys are trying to track someone down and they bring up a map on their mobile phone? where you can see people appear as blinking dots and thought to yourself that it seemed a bit far-fetched?
What if we told you that something like that is not that far from reality?
Map tracking is something that can be done using a technology that is available to almost everyone on the planet: mobile phones. Nowadays, with the use of specialised apps you can trace the exact location of any mobile phone on the map with just a phone number or even without! What is more, it doesn't even take a spy or a professional IT wizard.
Who is this for?
Despite what you may think, there are more reasons for needing to trace someone's location than being a villain in a movie:
- You could be a parent, worried about your kids and wanting to trace their exact location on the map to know where they are. You would, naturally, use the only thing available to you, their number.
- You may have suspicions that your wife is cheating on you and want to check if she is really going where she says she will. And what better way than tracing her exact location on the map only using her phone number? That way she'll never know you're spying on her.
- You may have people working for you and you want to make sure that they are not slacking off (especially if you own a delivery service).
- You are receiving spam or prank calls and you want to track the perpetrators.
So, if you belong in one of the groups of people we mentioned above (or you are a movie villain), read on, and you might be surprised at how easy it is to trace a mobile phone on the map with just the number.
You would be surprised at how many tools one has at their disposal for absolutely free and doesn’t know about them. Two such tools are the first solution to our question on how to trace a mobile phone on the map; Namely, Google Find My Device for Androids and Find My iPhone for iPhones.
Both services help you locate any device so long as it is logged in to your Google and iCloud account respectively and you have the credentials to log in from another device.
Google Find My Device
- Open a browser and go to Google. There, find the widget on the top right corner ad log into your account. It has to be the same one as the one on the phone.
- Then search for Find my Device.
- The first search result should be a map with the location of your phone and the option to either make it ring or retrieve it.
You can repeat the search and every time you will get a real-time ping of the exact location of the phone on the map.
Find my iPhone
- Open a browser and search for Find my iPhone.
- When you get to the actual page, you will see a single box where you need to fill in your iCloud ID and press the arrow button to search.
- After that, you should be able to see a map with the iPhone’s last locatio on it.
As we said before, you don't need to be a tech wizard to trace the exact location of a mobile phone on the map using only its number. All you need are the right tools. And the best tool for the job we want to do is mSpy. With mSpy all you need are a few minutes to subscribe to their service and then, the world is your oyster; You will be able to keep track of anyone's location.
And that is only a fraction of what mSpy can do. It can become a veritable multitool that will help you:
- Protect your loved ones.
- Catch a cheating spouse or partner.
- Improve the efficiency of your employees.
We will start with the Locations tab. Thi is the place where we will be able to monitor a phone in real time and even set a geo-fence.
First, we have GPS Locations, a list of places that the target phone has been at set in chronological order. This way you can know where your spouse is going when they say they are off to a friend's house, or, if your employees are really at work, or if they are at the cafe next door.
You can use the Wi-Fi networks tab to see what networks the target has logged on and when. This could be a roundabout way of figuring out where that person is based on the networks their phone has logged into.
Then, we have Geo Fencing, a nifty little tool that lets us set a virtual fence on the map and will alert us if the target phone crosses it. It is the perfect way to ensure that your children will come straight home after school.
After that, we have another great feature for concerned spouses and parents alike; the Social Networks tab. There, you can check all the messages sent and received on the target device. No matter the social network, mSpy will find it and give you unrestricted access. What is even better, is that you can also access and download all the multimedia files sent that way.
If you are worried about the more traditional means of communication, you can use mSpy's Email, Text messages, and Call log tabs. Those will show you every word and piece of information shared through those channels. This way, you will be able to do a number of things like find your spouse's secret email accounts, or ensure your company's secrets are safe.
Last, we have the Keylogger and Keyword tracking. The former will show you every word that has been typed on the target device regardless of whether the "send" button was pressed or not.
While the latter will let you set up an alert and have mSpy notify you every time a word or phrase is typed on the target device. This is how you could know if they are looking for a specific address, or figure out where they are from their Google map searches.
And with all those alerts, you can even try to catch them on the act by going to the Screenrecorder tab. There, all of your target's secrets will be laid bare in real-time as you will be able to see everything going on on their screen in real-time.
So, are you ready to start being able to find out where everyone is at all times and practically be able to monitor everything from the comfort of your own home?
If yes, then, click on the button:
and sign up for mSpy.
Well, maybe finding your target's exact location on the map might not be enough for you. After all, if we are talking about cases like a cheating spouse or a lazy employee, there is the aftermath you have to worry about. You may want to further investigate what your boyfriend or girlfriend is texting when they are away, or get evidence of your employees committing fraud from their emails. No matter what it is, mSpy has got you covered, even then.