(4 Ways) How to Retrieve Photos from iCloud
Last Updated on January 13, 2023 by Ian McEwan
Reasons to Retrieve Photos from iCloud
We always keep photos recording our memorable moments of the past on our iPhone. Unfortunately, these precious photos may be lost for various reasons, such as an attack of virus, a system upgrading, and the deletion of photos by mistake, etc. So, how to retrieve these photos?
Thanks to iCloud, an assistant of backup and restoration of files in our iPhone, we can upload some pictures to iCloud photo library. Meanwhile, with that function, it is more convenient for us than ever before when we are in an effort to retrieve lost photos. So, iCloud pictures have been playing an important role in restoring and sharing precious photos. But for various reasons, some users find it difficult to access iCloud photos. And now in this text, I am going to recommend several methods of how to retrieve photos from iCloud.
Method 1. How to Retrieve Photos from iCloud with iOS Data Recovery
Are you one of those who are searching for the most convenient way to retrieve your lost photos? If your answer is yes, I would like to introduce DataKit iOS Data Recovery, a third-party but useful tool to you.
To begin with, as a mix of specialty and facility, DataKit iOS Data Recovery is able to quickly scan data and retrieve lost pictures whether from iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, and it can restore files in four methods, including Smart Recovery, Recover from iOS device, Recover from iTunes backup,and Recover from iCloud backup. In addition, that software is very lightweight, consuming little memory of your device.
Here come the steps to recover photos from iCloud using DataKit iOS Data Recovery:
- Step 1. Choose Recover from iCloud Backup
- Step 2. Select the file type
- Step 3. Sign into your iCloud account
- Step 4. Pick the backup file you need
- Step 5. Recover Photos from iCloud
After installing the software, you can find the forth option Recover from iCloud Backup, then choose it and click the button Start.
Then you can select the file types meeting your need. If you are going to restore deleted photos, you can click Photo and App Photo and then click the button Next at the bottom of the main screen.
Then you have to log into your iCloud account with your Apple ID and password without any concern because the program will never record any confidential information of your account.
Please select an iCloud backup to scan and click Download.
In this step, the program will download the files you have selected and all these photos will be presented when the process is done. It is easier and clearer for you to select the pictures you want. Apart from that, you could also choose the option Show Only Deleted Files and restore only deleted pictures on your iPhone.
From the introduction above, I hope you could have a try of that software, you can download and install it from here!
Method 2. How to Restore Photos from iCloud.com
In the case that you have deleted pictures from your iCloud account recently, you still have a chance to restore them from the web page iCloud.com and download the deleted photos to Mac or PC.
- Step 1. Log into your iCloud account on the web of iCloud.com with your Apple ID and password.
- Step 2. Click the Photos icon.
- Step 3. At the top of the menu bar, you can find the button Albums, please click it.
- Step 4. When you see the button Recently Deleted., please click it, the images deleted recently will be presented. You could select the files you want from these available photos with just a click of the Recover button.
⚠ Additional Information:What is the difference between photos in backup file and photos uploaded to iCloud?
Method 3. How to Recover Deleted Photos from iCloud Photo Stream
- Step 1. Please reset your iPhone firstly by clicking the Settings, then iCloud, Reset and Erase All Content and Settings.
- Step 2. Turn on your iPhone, enter into the screen of Apps & Data, please click the button Restore from iCloud Backup and sign into your iCloud with your ID and password. Then choose the backup from iCloud in accordance to the date of backup and the size of data. In normal occasion, the lost photos can certainly be restored from iCloud Photo Stream in this way if you have backed up your pictures in iCloud previously.
How to restore photos from iCloud
Method 4. How to Restore iPhone from iCloud or iTunes Backup
When you try to retrieve data on iPhone from iTunes or iCloud backup, you may find that you cannot select specific data to restore. To solve this problem, you can choose the software DataKit iOS Data Recovery to help you. The whole process will save a lot of time and your previous backup will not be overwritten. So that is a better choice for you when you want to retrieve your lost photos.