Last Updated on December 8, 2020 by Ian McEwan
Human mistakes are the major causes of data loss in the world. More data losses occur through human errors than through hardware problems and malware infections. Other reasons that lead to data loss are corruption hard drives, accidental formatting of disks, mechanical problems of the hard drive, corruption of software, and power failures. There are other causes of data loss in computers, but these are the main reasons that contribute to frequent loss of data. However, one should not panic when files are deleted by mistake because there is still hope of recovering them. The pro tips below explain in details about how to recover deleted files from Windows 10.
The recycle bin is temporary storage that is used to save files that have been deleted from the computer. Files that have been moved to the recycle bin can be retrieved easily as explained in the steps below.
– Go to the desktop of your computer and double-click on the recycle bin icon to open it.
– Browse for the files that were deleted and select them.
– To select multiple files, hold down the CTRL key and click on all the items you want to restore.
– Right-click on the files and hit Restore.
– All the selected files will be restored to their original locations.
– If you want to save the files in a specific folder, right-click on them, cut and paste them in the target folder.
Previous versions of the files are copies of folders and files that are created by Windows as items for restore points. The method is very effective and can restore files with a very high probability of success. The process is explained below:
– Open Windows file explorer and locate the folder that was containing the deleted files.
– Right-click on the folder and click on the Restore previous versions option.
– The computer will list the available versions of the file allowing you to select the version you want to restore.
– Click on the version you want to restore and hit Restore. The option will restore all documents, files, and folders that were contained in that drive or folder before deletion.
If the above two methods do not work, a professional data recovery tool can come in handy to help with the data recovery process. An example of a data recovery software is Aiseesoft Data Recovery Professional which has advanced inbuilt capabilities. Besides recovering data, Aiseesoft Data Recovery Professional comes with distinctive attributes which protect your computer from future data losses. Use the recovery tool works as follows:
– Download Aiseesoft Data Recovery Professional program and install it on your Windows 10 computer.
– Launch the program and specify the types of files that you wish to recover.
– Select the drive volume that you want to recover data from and click on Scan.
– After the scanning has completed, the program will display the results of the scan.
– From the scan results page, browse for the files, documents, and folders you want to retrieve and click on the Recover option.
– The files will be restored in your computer, and you can save them in a safer location.
Effective procedures and measures should be put in place to mitigate the chances of data loss in the future. Some tips for the prevention of data loss are:
In conclusion, data can be recovered from Windows 10 by restoring it from the recycle bin, restoring the files from their previous versions, and restoring the files and documents using third-party recovery software. Mastering the art of how to recover deleted files from Windows 10 is very critical in ensuring that important data or information is not permanently lost.