Use HTC Transfer Tool to Transfer Data to HTC U12+(2022)
Last Updated on February 11, 2022 by Ian McEwan
So you got a new HTC U12+ and are enjoying it. But you have your precious data in your older device and want it transferred to your new phone and do not know how? No need to worry. In this article, you will find how to use HTC Transfer Tool to transfer any data from an Android, an iPhone, a Blackberry, a Windows or any other device to your HTC U12+.
Part 1. HTC Transfer Tool for Android: Transferring data From Android To HTC U12+ using HTC transfer tool app
Transferring content from android to your HTC U12+ is fairly simple. All you need to do is go and download the HTC Transfer Tool on your old android device and then proceed with the following steps.
Note 1: It is important to note that your old Android device must be running on Android 2.2 or later (which it most probably does). Simply go to “Settings” > “About” to check the Android version.
Note 2: The HTC Transfer Tool can transfer contacts, messages, music, photos, videos, and some compatible settings.
Steps to follow:
- Swipe up from the home screen in your HTC U12+ and go to Settings > System.
- Click on Get content from another phone.
- Choose if it’s an HTC Android phone or some other Android phone.
- Click on Next.
- You will see steps to download the HTC Transfer Tool on the old android. Follow them, download the tool, install it and then open it. (Or get HTC Transfer Tool here )
- You will now see a PIN on your old phone and the same PIN on your HTC U12+. Keep clicking on Retry until the same PIN appears.
- Click on Confirm on the old android.
- Choose the content that needs to be transferred to your new HTC U12+. Then click on Transfer.
- When the transfer finishes, click on Done on both phones.
Part 2. HTC Transfer Tool for iPhone: Transferring data From iPhone To HTC U12+ using HTC sync manager
It is commonly believed that transferring data from an iPhone to your HTC U12+ in one click is close to impossible. That’s not the case. It’s a slightly different procedure but it’s fairly simple as well. You just need to use HTC Sync Manager and follow the steps mentioned below:
- Backup the content of your iPhone into iTunes installed on your computer. This can be done by connecting your iPhone to your computer, firing up iTunes, clicking on the phone icon on the top-left corner and then clicking on Backup.
- HTC Sync Manager needs to be downloaded to your computer. (Get HTC Sync Manager here)
- Now connect the HTC U12+ to the computer. You will see that HTC Sync Manager will run automatically.
- Click on Transfer & Backup.
- You will find an option saying Get Started. Click on that. Then click on Next.
- You will be asked to choose an iTunes backup file. Browse and find the iPhone backup and choose it. Then click on OK.
- Select what type of content needs to be transferred to the HTC U12+.
- Click on Start. It will do the rest on its own and inform you when it has finished.
Part 3. HTC Transfer Tool for Blackberry/Windows/Nokia/Other Phone: Bluetooth transfer
Transferring data from phones that are not Androids or iPhones can be a little complicated, but you can find it broken down here in a very simple and easy-to-understand manner.
Majority of the instructions will be shown on your device itself, so you don’t have to worry. Just follow these few steps outlined here and use this Bluetooth Transfer method.
- Swipe up from the home screen on your new HTC U12+ and open Settings > System.
- Click on Get Content from another phone.
- Click on All other phones.
- On your old Blackberry/Windows/Other phone, go to settings and turn on Bluetooth because that is what will be used for this transfer.
- Pair the device with the number shown on your HTC U12+.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to successfully transfer data.
Part 4. Best HTC Transfer Tool Alternative: Switch Mobile Transfer
If you find the above methods too complicated for your taste, or if the methods do not work, there is a very good alternative. Switch Mobile Transfer is a 1-click solution to all your mobile transfer problems. You can transfer any data from any iPhone, Android, Windows, Symbian, Blackberry, or any other phone to Any Phone with Zero loss.
This software supports over 7000 devices and allows you to transfer contacts, messages, photos etcetera with just one click! The ease of use is almost magical.
You can also restore your backups from Blackberry, iTunes, OneDrive or any cloud storage to your device directly.
It is also 100% compatible with the latest iOS and Android versions.
Here are more instruction about transferring data with Switch Mobile Transfer:
Part 5. Tips for Fixing HTC Transfer Tool Not Working
Sometimes it might so happen that the HTC Transfer Tool doesn’t work because of some unforeseen reasons. What do you do in those cases? Well, don’t panic. First of all, you need to recognize what is going wrong. If you are stuck halfway between the data transfer, these tips might help set the issues straight.
- Try restarting the application – Yes, it has been said a lot of times, but in many cases, just a simple restart fixes the problem. Try restarting the application in both your old phone and your new HTC U12+.
- Reinstall HTC Transfer Tool – Sometimes it happens that the tool doesn’t get installed properly and that causes errors during data transfer. To fix that, you can just uninstall the tool and install it again without any errors.
- Restart the device – If restarting the application doesn’t work, it might happen that there is something wrong with the phone and a quick restart can fix that.
- Update the application to the latest version – If you had downloaded the HTC Transfer Tool a long time ago, it might not be the latest version and might be causing issues. Updating it to the latest version will fix the issues then because old versions might not support the latest firmware.
- Use a Stable Wi-Fi network – Data transfer often happens through Wi-Fi and some files may be downloaded via the internet and an unstable Wi-Fi network can cause problems. Check the Wi-Fi connection and make sure the devices are connected to a stable network.
- Factory Reset – This should be a last resort, but if all the above tips failed, factory resetting your device should fix the problem.
You should also note that instead of going through this, you can just use an alternative tool. Switch Mobile Transfer happens to be the best alternative and offers a 1-click solution to your mobile data transfer needs.