How to Delete WhatsApp Message from iPhone& AndroidLast Updated on October 19, 2023 by Jason Ben
If you are a frequent user of WhatsApp, you will find that it stores plenty of communication texts, images, file and videos, which can eat a significant space in your phone`s memory and lag your Android or iPhone. Aside from space, you may be concerned about your privacy and do not want someone else to access your WhatsApp message or know who you have been texting, especially when you try to sell your used iPhone or Android.
So, what would you do? There are several ways to delete WhatsApp chats and some of the simplest procedures are as explained below.
Part 1.What’s the difference between deleting and clearing?
- Deleting WhatsApp Chat: Chat is deleted from the WhatsApp chat tab.
- Clearing WhatsApp Chat: All messages inside the chat are gone, but the chat is still listed in the Chats tab.
Part 2.Deleting WhatsApp Chat from Android
Deleting a single chat
- First, launch the WhatsApp on your android.
- Hold on the specific chat that you want to delete.
- Tap on the delete icon at the top right of your phone screen.
The chat that you had selected will be deleted from the WhatsApp chat tab.
Deleting a group chat
- Exit the group before you delete the group chat: Tap and hold the one you want to delete in the Chats tap> Tap Menu Button> Exit group> Exit.
- Tap and hold the group chat again and tap the Delete icon and Delete.
Deleting all chats in one take
Tap the Menu Button > Settings > Chats >Chat history> Delete all chats.
Part 3.Clearing WhatsApp Chat from Android
How to clear chats
Clearing chats allow you to delete all the texts inside a chat; however, the chat will be visible on the chats tab. The following steps will guide you on how to clear specific chats
- Tap and open the chat you want to clear.
- Tap the Menu Button then tap the “more” option then "Clear chat."
How to clear all the chats at once
- Tap the Menu Button > Settings > Chats > Chat history.
- Then tap Clear all chats option.
All the messages inside your chats will be cleared. But the chats will remain listed in the chats tab.
Part 1.Deleting WhatsApp Chat from iPhone
To delete a specific chat on iPhone
- Swipe left the chat that you want to delete.
- Then tap More>Delete chat>Delete chat.
To delete a group chat on iPhone
Exit the group and swipe left on the group chat > Delete Group.
To delete all the chats at once
WhatsApp Setting > Chats >Deleted All Chats> Enter your phone number> tap Delete All Chats.
Part 2.Clearing WhatsApp Chat from iPhone
- Swipe left the chat you want to clear.
- tap More and then tap on Clear chat.
- Then tap the option "Delete all except starred " or "Delete all messages."
Clearing all the chats at once
- Tap on the WhatsApp Settings then Chats and lastly tap Clear all chats option.
- Enter your mobile number as prompted then tap on the clear all chats option.
You can use the above procedures to delete or clear chats from your WhatsApp. However, anyone who got your used phone can recover these deleted messages with a third party data recovery software. If you want to sell your used iPhone or Android without privacy disclosure you can try the best Phone Eraser here.
OneClick to Delete All/Certain Text Messages from iPhone&Android with Ease.
If you don’t want to be embarrassed because of a wrongly sent WhatsApp Message, you can try the WhatsApp Unsend Message feature here. You can recall WhatsApp Message by follow the instruction below which works the same for both Android and iPhone.
- Launch WhatsApp
- Hold on the chat you would wish to delete >tap Delete> tap Delete for Everyone option.
This feature only support for those (both you and your recipient) who use the latest version of WhatsApp for Android, iPhone or Windows Phone. Otherwise, you can’t not recall WhatsApp message and will not receive notification if the recall fail.