How To Delete Call History On iPhone And Android Phone
Last Updated on October 19, 2023 by Ian McEwan
Insufficient memory in your Android or iPhone can cause your device to slow down, making its operation sluggish. It is, therefore, necessary to remove such data so as to accelerate the operation of your Android or iPhones.
Though you may not know it, even your call history can slow down your device if they are not deleted for a long time. The following is a guide on how to delete call history on Android and iPhone respectively.
Deleting Call History On Android
The following are some of the steps to follow in order to effectively delete call history on Android.
- Step 1: You will begin by opening the phone app.
- Step 2: Next, you have to click on More on the top right corner of the app.
- Step 3: After that, tap on “Edit” and mark “All” if you wish to clear the entire call list, or you can select only the ones that you wish to delete.
- Step 4: After the selection process is over, click on Delete.
Your call history will be deleted. It takes only a few seconds to clear the entire call list. After this, you will notice that your Android phone starts running smoothly without any lags. The call history should be cleared every two or three months to keep your Android phone functioning properly.
Deleting Call History On iPhone
The following is the recommended procedure if you want to delete call history on iPhone.
- Step 1: In order to delete two or three calls, you have to go the Phone icon first. After that, you will tap on “Recents” option located at the bottom of your iPhone’s screen. Find out the number that you want to erase. Next, swipe left and a “Delete” option in red will appear. Tap on it and the number will be deleted.
- Step 2: If you want to delete all calls and free up some storage space on your iPhone, it is not an issue at all. The steps will be more or less the same; go to the Phone icon and tap on “Recents” located at the bottom of the screen. You will see the entire list of phone calls that have been received recently.
- Step 3: You will then proceed to the “Edit” option located on the upper right corner of your screen. As soon as you tap on this, you will see red circles appearing on the left side of the numbers. You will also see a “Clear” option on the top left, and when you tap on this, a dialog box will appear on your screen. Select the “Clear All Recents” option. Your call history will be deleted.
In order to keep your iPhone and Android phone from lagging, ensure that you clear your call history, messages or even delete pictures that are not necessary. Experts recommend every 2 weeks, though it pretty much comes down to how busy your phone is.